- carry out direct marketing activities and send you communications in that regard;
- improve our business and operate it efficiently;
- prevent fraud; and
- ensure general safety and security.
When we process your information on that basis, we always make sure that we balance our interest in having the information with your rights and reasonable expectations. Because we need it to comply with the law: In some very rare cases, we will need to retain your information because we are compelled to do so by law. What we do with it We use your personal data in order to conduct business with you. Depending on your relationship with us, this may include sales, business improvement, marketing and communication activities, as well as essential business operations. SCC uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide the goods and services we offer. We also use it to send communications, including promotional communications and to serve our legitimate business purposes. Sales: We use data to provide the goods and services we offer, manage customer relationships and aftersales.
- Providing our goods and services: We use your data to process your transactions with us, e.g. the purchase of goods, and to provide our goods and services to you.
- Customer support: We use your data to process any request for assistance you make and to provide other customer care and support services.
- We use your data to process product returns.
Business improvement: We use your data to improve our goods and services.
- Customer satisfaction: We use your data to conduct satisfaction surveys or ask you for feedback on our products and services.
- Efficient communication: We analyse your use of our websites as well as your response to communications (e.g. whether you open our marketing e-mails) to improve their impact and the goods and services we offer.
- Allowed under applicable law;
- Necessary to respond to valid requests for information, including from law enforcement agencies;
- Necessary to protect our customers, for example to prevent fraud.
|Cookie type||Cookie Name||Purpose|
|Preferences||lang||Remembers your selected language version of a website|
|wfvt_#||Remembers your submitted data when a comment is submitted in a blog post. The purpose is to auto-populate form fields for subsequent comments, in order to save time for the user.|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|NID||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.|
|r/collect||Collects data to measure efficiency of viewed or clicked ads and shows targeted ads.|
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies. Browser controls: As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. How long we keep your information SCC retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the goods and services you have requested, to operate our business, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. We will keep your data in line with our Records Retention Policy, and retention periods will vary for different types of data. The criteria below are good indicators of how we decide how long to keep data for:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide the goods and services and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining good business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Is SCC subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data? This includes cases where the law prescribes we should keep information for a given period of time, or where data must be preserved during an investigation, for current or potential litigation or contractual purposes. Some data must also be kept for audit purposes.
- Whether the data protection authority has provided guidance or recommendations for specific data or document types.
- Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
Security of your information We apply technical and organisational security measures to protect your information and protect it from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised disclosure. The security measures we apply vary depending on the type of data at stake, the reasons why we hold it, any specific risks. The effectiveness of our security controls are assessed and verified periodically as part of our certification to ISO 27001, the International Standard for Information Security management, which applies to our whole business. We require all our staff and any third parties who carry out work on our behalf to comply with our security policies and appropriate compliance standards. Transfers abroad In some cases, we may need to transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area because we (or a third party or vendor we use) store it on systems that are hosted abroad, or because we need to share it with companies that are not situated in the European Economic Area. Some of our support operations in Vietnam may be able to access your data; this is solely for the purpose of enabling the provision of internal IT support. The data is encrypted in transit and our staff in Vietnam are subject to strict security measures and will only access data where necessary. Where we transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we will always ensure that your information is safe and only sent to organisationsproviding adequate safeguards, such as:
- Organisations established in countries providing adequate provisions to safeguard your personal information;
- Organisations who are contractually bound to protect your information;
- Organisations who have obtained Privacy Shield certification.
We may also transfer your data abroad if we have a legal obligation to do so. Links to other websites This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. Changes to this Policy This Policy was last updated 25/05/2018. If we change our Privacy and Cookies Policy, we will update the changes on this website. We may also place notices on other pages of the website so you check our current policy at any time.